Artisan’s Accomplice Guild EditionArtisan's Accomplice Guild edition is tailored to guilds and galleries. Click Here for a demo site on the system.
- Your own URL (www.yourname.com)
- Extensive control over look and feel, easily add your logo and custom pages. Everything is browser-based and very easy to use.
- List individual and collaborative work in the image gallery. Uploading new photos takes just seconds.
- Easily collect group funds with the built-in Paypal integration. Any item in the gallery can be 'for sale', (or 'on sale'!)
- Member Pages allow you to create a listing for each guild member, with public and private information. Keeping the site up to date is a snap!
- Includes an Email list that allows you to collect and mail to anyone subscribed.
- Includes a Event Calendar
- Includes a Blog within the site - and you can create a blog entry from any item in the gallery with just one click.
- Integrated Guestbook allows users to leave messages on any page or item in the gallery. Administrative tools are nearly effortless.
- Optionally connect member pages to a user's personal website for additional exposure.
- The system is tuned for search engine consumption. You have control over all the key fields that are important for visibility.
PricingPricing is straightforward and affordable.
- Pay by the month for $20.00/month.
- Pay by the year for $192.00 ($16.00/month).
- An artisansaccomplice.com URL is free. Custom URL registration: $15.00/year.
- NO commissions on your sales.
- Custom programming or design: available and priced on request.
Questions and AnswersQ: I already have a website, but I like the sound of the features of Artisan's Accomplice. Can I use it with my existing site or do I need to switch everything.
A: If you have an existing site that you like and don't want to change, you can use Artisan's Accomplice as a shopping cart that is integrated into your existing site.
Q: Can I have my own URL? I don't want my customers to have to type 'www.artisansaccomplice.com'.
A: Absolutely. Many customers like to use their own URL to reference their site on business cards and marketing literature. Just ask about URL registration when you sign up.
Q: When I register a domain (or URL) with Artisan's Accomplice, who owns it?
A: You own the domain for as long as you pay for it. You are free to transfer it to any other registrar at any time.
Q: How quickly can I setup my website?
A: If you have your photos, descriptions and PayPal account, it's possible to be up and running with a website in under a day. It's your decision when to launch it.
Q: I don't have a PayPal account. Can I still use the system?
A: In order to accept money from customers on Artisan's Accomplice, you need a PayPal account. Obtaining a PayPal account is free.
Q: How do I get setup with PayPal?
A: PayPal has an extensive set of documentation located here
In order to signup, perform the following steps:
- go to paypal.com. Click 'Sign Up', and select the option for a 'Premier' level account (for casual online sellers).
- Fill out the registration information, and attach a bank account to your account
- 'Verify' your account
Q: I'm not technical. Can I use the system?
A: The system is designed to be simple to use, specifically for non-technical people.
Q: I have a site that I like, but I can't update it and it's out of date. Can you help?
A: That's exactly why we built this system. Sites need to be easy to update. Normally we can copy the look and feel of an existing site quite closely, but put in the Artisan's Accomplice system, you can edit it yourself.
Q: What do I do if I go away on vacation? I don't want people to order and be unable to ship.
A: With one click you can remove or restore all the 'buy' buttons from your site.
Q: How do I prevent more than one person from purchasing the same item?
A: The system automatically detects when an item is purchased, and will mark it SOLD.
Q: I want a custom design (more than just colors and fonts). Can you create a logo and other graphics for me?
A: No, but we have a network of graphic artists who know the system and can work with you to build a look you like. Let us know and we will refer you.
Q: Does the system work on a Mac?
A: The sites work fine on any operating system. If you find bugs in particular browsers please let us know so we can work with you to resolve them.
Q: Can you guarantee traffic or sales?
A: Expect your online business to be like any other business. You need to market it to let people know you exist. It will take time to grow. We cannot guarantee traffic or sales.
Q: Can I backup my files?
A: Yes. All images may be backed up at any time, and downloaded to your machine.
Q: How soon will my site show up in search engines?
A: Our experience is that sites show up in search engines within a few days of going live on Artisan's Accomplice. There is no guarantee of traffic, however.
Q: What should I do to get visitors to my site?
A: The best thing you can do is PROMOTE it. Ask friends to link to your site. Make sure your email contains a signature file that points to your site. Investigate various advertising programs both online and offline.
Q: How can I get more sales?
A: Use the built-in email list manager to collect names and message to your customers. Keep your content updated and fresh. Advertise and promote.
Q: My photos are out of focus or overexposed. What should I do?
A: This is a common question. We recommend reading or taking a class on digital photography and lighting; good quality photos make a tremendous difference in presentation
Q: How do I add shipping charges?
A: Shipping charges are specified within your PayPal account.
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Click on 'profile'
- Click 'Set Up Shipping Calculations'
- Click 'Set Up Domestic Shipping Calculations'
- Select the states you wish to ship to. (usually 'all states..'). click 'Add'
Now you will enter a screen which allows you to add charges for multiple shipping options. To charge a flat rate of $5.00, for instance, you would put in '5.00' as the first line of the chart of charges and save the screen. You will see that the system is very flexible; you can charge multiple tiers, you can charge based on total price, etc.
PayPal is frequently changing their interface, so if the exact sequence of steps is different than described here, please let us know so we can update it. PayPal has comprehensive documentation that should be consulted with any questions. -